There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Still trying to find its soul

Former Employee - Director  in  Washington, DC (US)
Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people at the local level

Cons

Constant turf wars between service line and region

Be more aware of disfunctionalities

359 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

A great experience!

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time

Pros

Consulting has some amazing Partners and management- they listen, care, and are highly supportive to hear your ideas and comments. The firm is growing and it's only getting better! A true work/life balance. It has the potential to be whatever you want it to be. Also- very family friendly!

Cons

I think the only thing I really didn't care for was the dental insurance provider. If that's my only grip I consider that pretty good!

Keep focusing on growth, training, and retaining talent.

A sinking ship

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for McGladrey, you can expect to get exposure to the audit process from start to finish. Although clients are private and smaller than the big 4, there are many complexities. Exposure to these issues can definitely help one's career

Cons

Management is completely out of touch with those working for them. Partners stay behind there desks and despite the "we care about our people rhetoric" the culture is terrible. McGladrey prides themselves on integrity and values, however they promoted a partner who cost the firm approx $1mm as a result of a deficient audit, to lead the practice. Turnover is very high, but management will tell you all day that it is just part of the business. Forget getting a strait answer from management here. If you do work here your best bet is to avoid the office at all cost, learn as much as you can, and leave.

Stop concerning yourself with economic growth and start fixing the internal problems. People are unhappy and it is being ignored. Leadership needs to stop promoting management from within, and start looking outside, as they are only perpetuating there already lack luster culture.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!