Tax Associate

Former Employee - Tax Associate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
Former Employee - Tax Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned a lot of different types of tax returns from different industries. Given a lot of responsibility early on and was able to be accountable for my own work.

Cons

Long hours, not many "perks" offered by larger firms to compensate for time spent working. Raises and bonuses were not equal to performance.

Need to be more collaborative with the team instead of creating dissension.

Other Reviews for McGladrey LLP

great times at McGladrey

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people who work here are excellent, majority of them coming from a Big 4 background with very impressive skill set. People can get promoted faster than Big 4 as long as they have the motivation and drive. Team atmosphere with happy hours, volunteer days, promotion parties, holloween parties etc. They will give you all the resources to succeed (labtop, IPADS etc) but it is up to you to make it happen. Always recognized for my performance. Flexible work schedules. McGladrey will give you more exposure to different clients and industries rather then being pigeon holed into one specific area and industry like at Big 4

Cons

sometimes there are negative reviews about McGladrey but I'm my opinion - its from the bitter people who couldn't get a job at McGladrey or couldn't arise to a challenge

A great experience!

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time

Pros

Consulting has some amazing Partners and management- they listen, care, and are highly supportive to hear your ideas and comments. The firm is growing and it's only getting better! A true work/life balance. It has the potential to be whatever you want it to be. Also- very family friendly!

Cons

I think the only thing I really didn't care for was the dental insurance provider. If that's my only grip I consider that pretty good!

Keep focusing on growth, training, and retaining talent.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP.

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!