MasterCard

www.mastercard.com
  www.mastercard.com
There are newer employer reviews for MasterCard

I have an exciting and challenging job on a daily basis.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at MasterCard

Pros

The work environment is great. The work is challenging and enjoyable.

Cons

Not everyone outside of MasterCard / Visa understands how the credit card industry works. AMEX and Discover is similar but different business model within the credit card industry.

Keep up the growth of the various payment products across the world. Keep educating the public and governments on the credit card and payment card products and business model.

312 Other Employee Reviews for MasterCard (View Most Recent)

My MasterCard Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY (US)

I worked at MasterCard

Pros

One of the reasons I enjoyed working for MasterCard was the camaraderie between my colleagues and the way the departments were able to interact with each other. I also felt comfortable with knowing that if I needed to talk to Management about something, that the door was always open. I liked that they had plenty of resources available to increase your knowledge base, and they encouraged self improvement as well as career development. Management was quite flexible with time off and I saw in most cases they were willing to work with you if you needed something, be it advice, assistance, whatever.

Cons

The only real downside about working at MasterCard was that there seemed to be frequent reorganizations. It makes for tense management, in my opinion. Some other downsides were the political aspect of working in certain departments, but you will find that in any office. As with any and everything else, it all starts with the people.

Find a plan and stick to it.

OK -- good place to work for a while

I worked at MasterCard

Pros

Good benefits, comfortable workplace, nice people

Cons

In the suburbs, your fate is completely reliant on your manager and there are some truly inept managers, as with other companies. not much room for growth or movement right now.

Get a better handle on some of the veteran MC management and start cleaning shop; you have a lot of talent and people with drive who are held back due to their incompetent and retaliatory managers.

There are newer employer reviews for MasterCard