There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Marriot

Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk  in  Florence, AL (US)
Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Florence, AL (US)

I have been working at Marriott part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Angry and dissastified customers who complained to get money credited back to them

none

1311 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

An Educational Journey

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was with Marriott for many years. The education and knowledge gained over those years was phenomenal. I met and worked many wonderful people and some not so wonderful. Marriott took very seriously the integrity of customer information and went to great lengths to ensure personal data was protected. The benefits we’re very good.

Cons

Senior Management put on a good show of cohesiveness, but in reality most of them could not stand each other. It was like watching a pack of wolves fight for the leftovers. If you we’re marked badly from above your career was finished within Marriott.

Stop messing around and finish your “Transformation”. There is so much good talent at your fingertips that would like to know their future. I would have loved to have stayed and retired from Marriott, but you created too much risk the way you carried out your initiatives.

Can be an okay place

Current Employee - Front Office Manager  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are able to start in a management in training program with a corporate owned Marriott, you should do well. Stay away from franchise owned property management programs.

Cons

Your success is at the grace of the local market trend. At times it can be robust, at times depressing. There tends to not be much attrition on upper level management.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!