Market Strategies International
www.marketstrategies.com Livonia, MI 500 to 999 Employees

Good post High-school survival job.

Surveyor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Market Strategies International part-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible shifts.

Great for students with low living costs and going to school.

somewhat familiar territory specially for those fresh out of high school.

minimum wage, slightly higher wages for Spanish speakers.

Variety of age groups, great for some new types of friendships.

freedom to read, sow or do other things which calling. (except those requiring electronics)

Friendly people for the most part.

Consvery close to a dead end job. very few raise to higher levels of management and in y experience it took them more than 2 years each. i have worked there for over a year and a half.

Hours are not very consistent though rarely lower than 20 per week.
enough to survive on but not much if you aspire for more. the average for me has been about 24h/w when im scheduled for 28h/w.

Innovation and creativity are not of value as a surveyor at MSI. this may have to do with it being a large franchise and there being significant layering of policies that make for a somewhat controlled and rigid environment.

The high control environment can become frustrated for more mature individuals.

Can get boring pretty quick.

Performance incentives are not good. they add about 25 cents + to your hourly wage if you are a top performer after 3 month period reviews. which on a part time bases adds to about 2 extra bears a month, maybe 3. not that much. this for me and many others ive worked with, leads to aiming at a, "good enough" productivity to pass, but not good enough to excel since its just extra work without extra pay. basically, for lack of a better word, mediocracy is the standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up a more profitable bonus structure. try to lower overhead costs and add those to surveyors at a per survey basis, calculated per complete per hour. this i think should enhance productivity and worker happiness. which might help keep employers for longer and lower training and turn over costs.

The Management, manager, supervisor and to everyone.

Checker (Former Employee)

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time for less than a year

Pros: Fair enough for the salary. Cons: so much pressure to all the workers...thats business anyway.. Advice to Senior Management: Dont hold your empleyees, because you cannot achieve sales without them...dont put to much pressure on them,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Talent goes unnoticed

Senior Programmer (Former Employee)
Little Rock, AR (US)

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Laid back work environment Ability to work from home Cons: Moving IT from hourly to salary really put a whip to the… Advice to Senior Management: Hire the best candidate based on there skills and not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Market Strategies International.

Worked for Market Strategies International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Market Strategies International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Market Strategies International CEO Rob Stone. All reviews posted anonymously by Market Strategies International employees.