MannKind Corporation in Valencia, California

Former Employee - Scientist  in  Valencia, CA (US)
Former Employee - Scientist in Valencia, CA (US)

I worked at MannKind

Pros

relationships with fellow co-workers at Mannkind

Cons

upper management sometimes don't make the best decisions

Sometimes business takes precidence over the quality of science

Other Reviews for MannKind

Great People, Great Product. Great Future?

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at MannKind full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at MannKind provided an opportunity to collaborate on projects at a high level with some of the most talented and dedicated people I have ever met. The relationships among coworkers were unusually strong and supportive. Taking initiative was encouraged, recognized and rewarded. Compensation and benefits were better than most start-up companies. The flexible work hours significantly increased my productivity. The Company's lead product (AFREZZA) and its underlying technology (Technosphere) have enormous medical value and market potential.

Cons

Company-wide communications provided important information and a sense of transparency. We believed that our ideas and recommendations were genuinely valued and taken into serious consideration. However, it seemed as though crucial decisions were made within an executive "bubble" which severely impacted operations and lead to substantial layoffs of highly valuable employees.

If it is not too late, try to return to the core principles which made the company a great place to work.

MannKind provided many opportunities to utilize the skills and competencies that I have acquired throughout my career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Paramulla, Southern (Sri Lanka)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paramulla, Southern (Sri Lanka)

I worked at MannKind full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are many talented, dedicated people working there. Relationships among coworkers are strong. Compensation and benefits are above many similar companies. The lead product is very innovative and will provide a tremendous positive benefit to many people.

Cons

There are areas of poor leadership and the atmosphere is at times very stressful. As the future of the company is not known, morale is low among most of the staff.

It would be beneficial to have more frequent interactions with all of the staff and to discuss the future possibilities at the company more openly.

There are newer employer reviews for MannKind.

Worked for MannKind? Contribute to the Community!