Management Sciences for Health

www.msh.org

Good people, mediocre organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsOn an individual level, the company has many interesting, accomplished, and competent people. It also has a good benefits package, lots of vacation, and tends to be pretty accommodating of its employees life demands.

ConsThere is little attention paid to to lower- and mid-level employees. Technical work tends to stay only at the highest level, and doesn't give younger staff opportunities for professional growth. Also, there is a lack of transparency in how decisions are made about promotions and salaries. The pay differential between lower and high level staff is pretty substantial for an NGO.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove away from the "old boys club" mentality at the upper level of the organization, and start encouraging and rewarding growth and contributions at all levels of the organization.

Opportunity to make a difference in global health challenges

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Potential to reach many vulnerable people who need access to quality and affordable healthcare in developing countries, affecting change on a massive scale, leeway… Cons: Inexperienced managers, lack of mentors to facilitate professional development, little… Advice to Senior Management: Start focusing on the value for money that younger staff bring to the organization. There are many multi-talented junior… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great intentions, unclear direction.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I work with extremely gifted individuals and there are few restrictions on… Cons: Limited growth, overambitious leadership team that ignores the urgency of compliance, looks to phase out "cumbersome" processes, while trying to enforce abstract… Advice to Senior Management: Please note that your core staff, such as Accounting, Contracts, Procurement and Benefits *need* to be reinforced. Consider creating a compliance and training department instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Management Sciences for Health.

Worked for Management Sciences for Health? Contribute to the Community!