Makerbot

OK, but getting worse

Maker (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for less than a year

ProsTalented people at the lower levels. A great product when management doesn't mess it up. Good attempts to promote people internally. People love the products they create. Sales folks are brilliant, and engineering is pretty amazing. If you can avoid management it is an OK place to work.

ConsManagement demands 110% dedication for 60% pay. Chinzy benefits with almost no stock options, Cheap healthcare, no 401(k) and very little time off. Often a 'you are lucky to have a job here' attitude shows by management.

Many people have left in the last 3 months. It's impossible to tell which of them quit, and which of them were fired. People disappear from their jobs on some Fridays never to return.

CEO is nice way over his head. Upper management expects perfection from employees, but are foolish and panicky themselves. Key decisions are made without knowing the facts, and employees clean up the mess later. Many bad decisions are made because of paranoia or secrecy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a real CEO. Focus on internal management rather than trying to look good.

CEO & management are paranoid and incapable

Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very cool product. A lot of very smart and effective… Cons: Really bad management. They simply do not communicate their intent. If and when employees finally hear what's going on, it's usually only to discover a… Advice to Senior Management: Value the smart people you've hired. And help the CEO to understand how bad… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazing potential...going down the drain.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Makerbot full-time

Pros: The work environment is great -- when you'd not being blindsided by incompetent, reactive calls from the top. First off, the company basically created… Cons: The downsides, unfortunately, have come to outweigh the positives. Top management, especially the CEO, are in a desperate, reactive mode that threatens to destroy… Advice to Senior Management: Value your employees and community. Rein in the Founder/CEO… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Makerbot.

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Makerbot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Makerbot CEO Bre Pettis. All reviews posted anonymously by Makerbot employees.