Makerbot

www.makerbot.com

OK, but getting worse

Maker (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY (US)

ProsTalented people at the lower levels. A great product when management doesn't mess it up. Good attempts to promote people internally. People love the products they create. Sales folks are brilliant, and engineering is pretty amazing. If you can avoid management it is an OK place to work.

ConsManagement demands 110% dedication for 60% pay. Chinzy benefits with almost no stock options, Cheap healthcare, no 401(k) and very little time off. Often a 'you are lucky to have a job here' attitude shows by management.

Many people have left in the last 3 months. It's impossible to tell which of them quit, and which of them were fired. People disappear from their jobs on some Fridays never to return.

CEO is nice way over his head. Upper management expects perfection from employees, but are foolish and panicky themselves. Key decisions are made without knowing the facts, and employees clean up the mess later. Many bad decisions are made because of paranoia or secrecy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a real CEO. Focus on internal management rather than trying to look good.

CEO & management are paranoid and incapable

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very cool product. A lot of very smart and effective… Cons: Really bad management. They simply do not communicate their intent. If and when employees finally hear what's going on, it's usually only to discover a… Advice to Senior Management: Value the smart people you've hired. And help the CEO to understand how bad… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for more than a year

Pros: Leading edge technology - in a developing marketplace. Opportunities everywhere. Cons: Crazy startup, lots going on, growing like mad. Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course - hang on and great things are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Makerbot.

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!