There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

They wouldn't give me any hours because I did not work on Black Friday

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get hired, fun environment if you like working with people. Very flexible shifts make it easy to work here as a part time second job type of situation. Training was good, and management was friendly, at least at the North Park Mall location where I worked.

Cons

Very little support during your first shifts on the sales floor during the Christmas shopping season. Several times, I had issues that I did not yet know how to handle, and when I would look around for a senior associate to ask questions of, there was often no one to be found. Also, seniors took over the sales that I initiated! By that, I mean, I was showing an expensive watch to a gentleman, and as he was handing it to me to make the purchase, suddenly the lady I was working with, who was a full time employee, decided to "help me", meaning that she rang up the sale under her employee number and got the credit for it. I was told that I'd be in Watches, but if the regular employees wanted to do watches, they would send me to scarves or purses or some area that would not likely have many purchases for Christmas.

Provide more assistance to new hires during their first 20 hours as a sales associate. If you assign an associate to a particular area, make sure that the seasoned employees don't get to over-ride your decision!

4618 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Pretty good experience.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Arcadia, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arcadia, CA (US)

I have been working at Macy's part-time

Pros

Fun departments to work in.
    Great co-workers and management team.
    Good hours and opportunities, especially during the season.
    Extremely flexible schedule for work/life balance.
    Generous PTO.

Cons

Business can get a little slow at times.
    Duties can sometimes get a little repetitive.

Fun and unique

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Miamisburg, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miamisburg, OH (US)

I worked at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The job is fun, you meet good people and the atmosphere is very professional. Management is there for you and they will also listen.

Cons

You have to demand changes if you want them. You have to talk to the management and people above. If not then nothing will change. The scheduling system they use is the worse.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!