There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Great Internship at MTV.

Former Employee - Creative Music Integration Intern  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
Former Employee - Creative Music Integration Intern in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fun, young, energetic staff with a lot of good ideas. They don't take themselves too seriously, but do take their work very seriously. The work I did was not very "intern-y", and I was given responsibilities and trust in my capabilities.

Cons

Easy to blend in because the company is so large, and you will be forgotten if you do not network and make sure people remember you.

Continue to make interns feel valued and a useful part of the team.

354 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work but not for advancing your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at MTV Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hip, trendy & energenic environment !

Cons

Not alot of opportunity for advancement. I actually witnessed a temp who was underqualified for a job and delivered very poor quality of work, get hired to a full-time position with salary and benefits. This promotes bad morale for the employees who exceed in their job but don't advance.

Promote experienced & qualified employees from within instead of outsourcing.

Permalancer's

Former Employee - Senior User Interface Designer  in  Glendale, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior User Interface Designer in Glendale, CA (US)

I worked at MTV Networks as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Super fun, Lots of extra team building type interaction that made it a great place to be social with colleagues. The work was cool and innovative and it was a real joy to come to work every day!

Cons

If you were a permanent freelancer the difference was tough. When all the regular people go on vacation you don't get paid. When there were holiday parties you may or may not be invited. You also miss out on great perks that would be good for the company like the education budget.

And since you could potentially work for years without becoming full hire after a while as a freelancer you move on.

There are probably a lot of good reasons why you have permanent freelancers but if you do that with good people they will eventually leave and that costs the company money in the long run.

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!