There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Great Internship at MTV.

Former Employee - Creative Music Integration Intern  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
Former Employee - Creative Music Integration Intern in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fun, young, energetic staff with a lot of good ideas. They don't take themselves too seriously, but do take their work very seriously. The work I did was not very "intern-y", and I was given responsibilities and trust in my capabilities.

Cons

Easy to blend in because the company is so large, and you will be forgotten if you do not network and make sure people remember you.

Continue to make interns feel valued and a useful part of the team.

351 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

Great opportunities and benefits, but difficult to rise up within your department

Current Employee - Digital Production Assistant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Digital Production Assistant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MTV Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many different career opportunities within the company itself. MTV employees are generally from a very young crowd - in my department, I don't believe anybody is over 40. MTV provides amazing health benefits and employee discounts with a wide range of companies and services. One of my favorite "perks" is the 10k a year tuition reimbursement (tax free until you you go over 5k I think). If you're lucky, you will get to work with a great team of people.

Cons

It is difficult to move up the ladder within your own department. If you are hired on as a freelancer, it may take a while to get a head count approval and get converted to a full-time position even if your manager and boss recognize your value to the team. If you are below manager level, your pay will not be anything nominal.

If your lower level employees are valuable, be sure to tell them often. If you want them to stay, give them an actual raise (besides the 3% annual) or a promotion.

A company that didn't understand the digital space or why they were acquiring digital companies

Former Employee - Marketing Director
    Former Employee - Marketing Director

I worked at MTV Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not too sure about the pros. There were some people that seemed to make good money at the top and I guess the benefits were fine.

Cons

It is an big company with an incredible amount of red tape. Tons of interns and contractors. Not a lot of care for the staff. If you are in a subsidiary company it can be hard to get your voice heard. They are still thinking that regular TV and commercials is the future.

Make your employees feel like part of the team. When everyone is a contractor it is hard to build up a team or any loyalty to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!