M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Not really what you know, but "Who" you know and "Who" has "POWER"

Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 10 years

Proscompetitive salary, most folks are friendly and willing to share knowledge, mentoring environment, many educational and training courses are offered for advancement within the institution.

ConsIt's not what you know, but who you know environment. Fear of retalitaion from upper management is frequently a concern across the institution. Many in management positions are office bullies, and often threaten employees to ensure processes are carried out their way. Even though the way they want it carried out may not be the very best or logical way...they want it their way. Additionally, I have experienced going above and beyond my call of duty for years, only to receive pennies as monetary compensation. Needless to say, I've often witnessed a severe lack of caring, integrity, and character in upper management. Additionally, on a few occasions, as sad as it is, I've even seen forms of racisim. It's right under the radar, but it's here. In some shape, form or fashion, employees have to pay to come to work. Either paying to ride a bus, van pool, or ridiculous parking prices for a local garage.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than a year

Pros: I had the chance to work with smart researchers. The offices are big and… Cons: Compensation is lower than the other places. Any paperwork takes long time inside the institution. The administrative… Advice to Senior Management: Correcting those: Compensation is lower than the other places. Any paperwork takes long time inside the institution. The… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Almost at the 10 year mark and still love coming to work everyday

Program Coordinator (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: It's very clean and a nice modern and social environment. Each person who works here feels like we make a difference, it's not just… Cons: There is a lot of red tape here, but I think it would be that way at any place the size of MD Anderson. It's… Advice to Senior Management: Overall I think Management does a good job, like any other position you have good ones,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.

Worked for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by M. D. Anderson Cancer Center employees.