Great college job

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent  in  Lawrence, KS (US)
Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Lawrence, KS (US)

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

I work part-time at the front desk of a Holiday inn, while attending college. Overall, the atmosphere is great - everyone, from the bottom to the top, is very team oriented.

There are definitely busy times and slow times, though. Weekends from around March through November are usually crazy - lots of weddings and business conferences in our convention center. But even during peak times, the weekdays and weeknights are still pretty low-key. That's awesome for a college student like myself. I finished a lot of homework on the clock! I know that sounds bad, but hey, someone has to man the front desk, even when the hotel is completely dead.

Cons

We are independently owned and you can definitely tell by how skimpy the housekeepers are paid, how chintzy the benefits are for full-timers, etc. Also, management has changed so many times around here it's ridiculous. I think we've finally got some good people in place though.

Take better care of your employees and they will likely return the favor and stick around for awhile.

Other Reviews for Lodgian

Pretty good place to work!

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Cheap hotel stays around the world! Excellent people to work with, I loved my boss! She was awesome! Meet lots of different and interesting people! Ability to eat anything in the breakfast bar! :P

Cons

Not so nice pay, could use benefits for all employees. Sometimes/a lot of the times guest expect more than we have ever given them. Some expected free room upgrades when they were staying for 2 weeks! And they pretty much demanded it! Unfortunately due to weak management who gave in all the time, guests figured out they could walk all over us and say, "well you did it last time!"

Compensate the employees better!

Low pay, no training, but hey, it's a paycheck.

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate  in  Traverse City, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Traverse City, MI (US)

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

You get a paycheck, a small, small, paycheck. There is little to no training, the manager takes training tests for you and lets you know that you got a 100 percent on the computer training. They ask if you want a tour of the hotel so you can explain the rooms and lay out to guests, but then refuse to show you. There is a lot of back stabbing and gossip allowed to go on between assosiates and managers. Overall, a very immature, weakly, run hotel which shows a lot of complacency. They are riding on the Holiday Inn Brand.

Cons

As with many other entry level positions, a lot of work for a little pay. Very multitasking intensive, combined with kissing up to rude patrons. Little to no training.

Train your people.

There are newer employer reviews for Lodgian.

Worked for Lodgian? Contribute to the Community!