There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

My experience at this company has been very positive

Current Employee - Research Engineer Principal in Aberdeen, MD (US)
Current Employee - Research Engineer Principal in Aberdeen, MD (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The managers at my site care for their employees

Cons

One has to make connections, otherwise it might look like a non-caring company due to its size.

Spend more time getting feed back from employees

2431 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

DoD Federal Contract Team Member

Former Employee - ESH Manager (JD Listed As "ESH Engineer") in Fort Bragg, NC (US)

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work hours; team environment; employees had a personal dedication to supporting the soldiers; I was able to work closely with hourly personnel and other contractors, and thus influence safety on the shop and warehouse floor; company provided excellent benefits package with ease of access both online and CSRs via phone

Cons

Corporate / Regional Safety Rep was not present for contract startup and possibly for bidding process as time was not allowed to be dedicated to required OSHA training requirements; lack of safety training materials; base facilities were not always complaint with safety codes; there was a lack of safety equipment in shops; and when I left position, a non-experienced person was “appointed” to the ESH position I had to use my personnel vehicle for business without mileage reimbursement by customer or company.

Include risk management, ESH in bid process and send ESH personnel to sites when contracts start (same as you do by sending HR BP and staff to site during transition of contracts).

Decent pay. Good benefits. Limited middle management potential.

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Good educational reimbursement program. Solid work offerings.

Cons

Limited middle management/supervisory potential...you've got level 2 analysts reporting directly to level 7 VPs...nothing much else needs to be said about that.

Flattening the hierarchy does not mean you keep all the VPs, remove the team leads, and just have analysts with nowhere to go in their career progression. Incredibly shortsighted thinking and then they wonder why retention here is such a problem.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin