Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com

Great career starter where employees are treated fairly

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsGrad school tuition reimbursement
Decent Salary/Benefits
Interesting work w/ DoD Agencies
Work / Personal Life balance
Good management
Flexibly to find new opportunities in the company

ConsLike any big company, you have the politics. They base engineers on "levels" which hardly reflect the true ability and skills. Just because someone has worked in industry for 15 years, does not mean they are a better engineer than someone with 2 years experience. A level 1 could very well be doing the exact job as a level 3 or 4 engineer, but be paid considerably less because of the years of experience and the level they get put at because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementFinancially reward your young engineers! If you have a level 1 or 2 that is performing at a level 3 or higher, then promote them to that level immediately. Don't play off this " not enough years of experience" to justify not paying them exactly what they are worth.

Challenging engineering work in a big-business setting.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Moorestown, NJ (US)

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Excellent work, dedicated and bright colleagues. Good benefits. The opportunity to do something… Cons: Lockheed Martin is a publicly traded company and, as such, will… Advice to Senior Management: Put your best managers in charge of the youngest employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience, excellent LDP programs

Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) Camden, AR (US)

I worked at Lockheed Martin as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Treat to interns as a professional Cons: Help with transportation for interns. More

There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!