There are newer employer reviews for Linear Technology

awesome place to learn analog IC design

Current Employee - Intern  in  Milpitas, CA (US)
Current Employee - Intern in Milpitas, CA (US)

I have been working at Linear Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

smart people
relatively flat management hierarchy

Cons

no work from home for interns !

43 Other Employee Reviews for Linear Technology (View Most Recent)

design engineer

Current Employee - Desin Engineer  in  Milpitas, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Desin Engineer in Milpitas, CA (US)

I have been working at Linear Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Linear as a whole is well managed. Good business model, high profit margin. Good quality control in matured product lines. Not necessary high tech.

Cons

Not every group's performance can meet Linear's standard. There are still poorly managed, low productive groups eating company's profit.

Each product line manager is an anchor. with Linear's money, a superstar should be hired as the anchor. An incompetent manager is unlikely to hire good engineers.

Little incentive for growth or advancement

I have been working at Linear Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Profit sharing in the range of 20-30% twice per year. 6-8 week long sabbatical every five years.

Cons

No incentive for growth. There are very few management positions available, especially for women. It's basically a boy's club. The hiring structure is focused on bringing in design engineers (99.9% male). Everyone else is looked upon as catering to the design community, and as such, not valued. The structure of the company is scattered. There is no centralized IT. Each department fends for itself.

This company has millions it could invest in its employees, yet it sits on the cash, year after year. When we ask for anything extra, like a gym, basketball courts or even a couch in the women's restroom, the answer is always 'no', in spite of the wealth of cash on hand this company has. This year, in spite of how well we're doing, our annual salary increases were decreased to 4% maximum (down from 5%). Sabbaticals every five years and the 20-30% profit sharing bonuses we receive twice yearly are not enough to address the growing morale problem that exists company wide. Management needs to loosen the purse strings, provide some incentive for advancement (especially for non-design, non-male employees) and realize that the 'supporting' departments are just as vital to the company's well-being as the design department is.

There are newer employer reviews for Linear Technology

Worked for Linear Technology? Contribute to the Community!