There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

Best job I've had

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture of the Seattle office is second to none. Everyone's working together to make great products. We have almost no conflict between engineering, management, product and sales.

You might not believe this, but as a software team, we get to spend the time we need to deliver high quality, maintainable software, rather than rushed, buggy crap. Both product management and sales respect the engineering team's recommendations and only occasionally oversell / overcommit.

Cons

Some of the company policies coming from HQ can introduce unnecessary overhead around things like machine acquisition and deployments, but even this is kept in check by excellent management.

Continue growing toward the more agile, less process driven ways of doing things. Follow the lead of the Seattle office to develop a collaborative, trust-based environment throughout the entire company.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks (View Most Recent)

My experience at Limelight has been amazing, with so many innovative people with the work hard play hard attitude.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun atmosphere
    telecommute
    producing technology that the world uses and will rely on

Cons

Dynamic environment, change is always taking place in effort to improve efficiency.
    Top level communication is sometimes vague.

In my opinion, it is better to delay the launch of a product when it is not ready to protect the brand vs. releasing a product to meet a date requirement.

Something like:

Customers would rather have a house with doors a month late, rather than getting a house with no doors on the scheduled delivery date.

A company transforming itself and once aligned has significant potential.

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Digital Presence Management is a growing and hot area of opportunity. Great assets as a foundation for a new focus. Great focus on SaaS.

Cons

Still some growing pains in transforming from a CDN / network focused company to a more complete solution and value selling approach to Digital Presence Management.

Keep focused on a key set of priorities - can't do everything.

There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

Worked for Limelight Networks? Contribute to the Community!