Hospital Support Center ("Corporate") is a great place to work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Nashville, TN (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than a year

Pros

LifePoint has a very encouraging, relaxed work environment. Everyone is supportive and there is a true spirit of providing great hospital care to rural America. The corporate offices, called the Hospital Support Center (HSC), houses all of the centralized services that support the hospitals. There truly is a spirit within the HSC of serving our network of hospitals. We recognize that we don't create any billable charges - rather we support those that do.

The culture is very relaxed and forward-thinking. Innovation is encouraged and supported. Within my service areas, employees have direct access to VP and Sr VP level executives. There is enough of a hierarchy to keep things orderly, but there is no superiority complex amongst executives.

While I cannot speak to the status of working within one of the hospitals specifically, the "HSC" is a great work environment.

Cons

LifePoint is a growing company. It has added multiple hospitals over the past few years. As it grows, it needs to take advantage of the size-based leverage opportunities available to the company. It also needs to further define/refine employee career pathways. There is hardly any "development" program, although there is a VERY loose O development program that has no clear entry/application route. As HSC employees continue there career, it is hard to identify how/where to grow within the HSC or the facilities themselves.

Its clear you value your employees - keep up the good work, but help mid-career individuals find ways to grow professionally and identify career pathways within the company. If you think I'm a good or great employee, be proactive to retain me before I begin to look elsewhere for much needed professional growth.

Other Reviews for LifePoint Hospitals

Do not practice their espoused values.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brentwood, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN (US)

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hard to find any pros.

Cons

Ultra-political; executives are extremely self-serving.

Senior officers should get to know what really goes on in departments and how employees are really treated by supervisors.

CUT Throat Senior Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brentwood, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN (US)

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can't think of one except a paycheck.

Cons

There is no opportunity for advancement, no pay raises, the benefits are lousy. If you are in corporate world you are untouchable.... otherwise.... you are at the whim of being their patsy.

Before you decide to hire "key" people check out their background. When you say something either in person or e-mail... stand behind it and don't change like the wind. Management..... you need to look at employee satisfaction. Your reputation is going to catch up!

There are newer employer reviews for LifePoint Hospitals.

Worked for LifePoint Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!