There are newer employer reviews for La Petite Academy

La Petite Academy

Current Employee - Teacher in Pleasanton, CA (US)
Current Employee - Teacher in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First and foremost, the children's personalities!

Cons

La Petite is pulling a fast one, they would like to hire for cheap. Since it’s a big profit corporation they have taken so much and they are giving so little in return. We all experienced the economy meltdown and so did the teachers vacation time. They took away certain amount of time, without grandfathering older employees; they did it across the board. They did not care because it’s time to restructure the company and bring in cheaper labor.
New teachers are hired for nothing pennies on the dollar. All is really needed is 12 units. The amount of paper work we have to do for each child takes away from the child. Such as, daily sheets for all classrooms. Wanting them done outside is a STATE LICENSING VIOLATION!
They need to understand that the pencils pushers should not demand so much because when you sit behind a desk it all looks easy, having 24 children in a classroom with different personalities and trying to get paperwork done does take away from the children. Sadly, we must comply, because if we are unhappy they will just bring someone else in. “Bottom LINE”
Do you really want to be that someone else? Well come on in and try it! Their insurance is by far the worst’s 80/20 does not help me financially; they want one carrier for all centers. But it appears the CA employees are at little neglected, we have Kaiser out here for goodness sake use them!!!!!
  I would welcome, kinder care, Bright Horizon and La Petite Academy to respond to this; which corporation pays more? Do you constantly shuffle kids around; to get a teacher home so you can meet labor hours? Do you put tons of infants and toddlers together to get more out of staff; or more money into your pocket? These are the questions; I would love for them to respond?
These are the question for anybody who works at a childcare setting, if they shuffle kids around, it’s telling you that they have labor hours they need to be met. They don't care about you, because you are just an “AT WILL EMPLOYEE”! They care about their profits! I hope they are reading this I HOPE THEY COMMENT! BUT LIKE I SAID IT’S A PROFIT SCHOOL AND THEY DON’T CARE. IT’S OWNED BY JP MORGAN AND AS LONG AS the corp. IS MAKING PROFIT there is no caring. AT THE SAME TIME, THEY HAVE LEARNED FROM WALMART THAT IF YOU DON’T MAKE CERTAIN HOURS YOU WILL BE uninsured…… no vacation time, no sick time, it’s do as I say or go! Back in the old days teachers were teachers, they educated out of love now the love is a daily sheet! Soon or later the market for high cost preschools/daycare will hit hard and think where you are at, because if you think parents are picking the high cost of preschool/daycare you are wrong. The mom and pops preschool would be more popular and the mom and pops schools are the ones that will surly show their employees care.

Please slow down on the Daily sheets, treat teachers how they should be treated. Before the corporation implements any daily sheets or new curriculum, visit schools to see how it can be incorporated. Witness the love and respect, witness the paperwork witness a teacher that works hard. I DARE you to come to a center for a week. Think thru what you want teachers to do, think thru this whole note because like I have stated before soon or later the market for preschool will crash and when it does what’s next?

89 Other Employee Reviews for La Petite Academy (View Most Recent)

Under New Management

Current Employee - Director in Chula Vista, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Chula Vista, CA (US)

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This Company has really striving to be the best. Under new management the environment is wonderful and everyone is working as a team to become the best educational environment for the children in the community.

Cons

I have been with the company a short amount of time and have not seen any negitive thus far.

Keep up the good work. The change has been for the better of the staff and the children.

Its about who you know

Former Employee - Teacher in Edmond, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Teacher in Edmond, OK (US)

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you have children you get a discount while your working
    If you like children you are in an environment thats best suited
    Its supposed to be a learning center so if your working on a degree it can give you experience or even some type of college credit can be applied. If you ask you can probably find sitting jobs with parents after daycare hours.

Cons

Co-workers seemed to want to gossip about each other more than keep an eye on children. You would have co-workers who would be friends or an "in" with the director or assistant director, and get special privleges. These special attentions would also sometimes be to ignore a firable offense, put there for safety reasons. There is not much room to advance in this company. You will smell like dirty diapers when you leave.

Hire a bigger diversity, men and women to cut down on gossipy chatter. Also upper management needs to do regular visits to each location and speak with all employees frankly, about any concerns, that put children in any danger.

There are newer employer reviews for La Petite Academy