Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

www.kratosdefense.com
  www.kratosdefense.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

The old DEI Services

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Winter Park, FL (US)
Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Winter Park, FL (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Pros

The pay and benefits were good to excellent. At one time, there was a diversity of products to work on. Raises were decent.

Cons

Projects were mismanaged. People were just dumped into projects and expected to "hit the ground running" or they were dropped on the roadside. Projects were behind schedule and their configuration management was a complete mess.

Install people in management positions who encourage employees to excel and offer opportunities to improve their skill sets. Do not grow too fast, but don't shut the place down either. Reduce operating costs by renegotiating rental contracts for office space.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (View Most Recent)

Sr Designer for Military training simulators. Duties include wiring design and integration

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly environment and interesting work.

Cons

No real opportunities for advancement and salary if significantly lower than with past employers.

Use personnel in areas that they can feel rewarded.

Kratos-Dahlgren Location

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in King George, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in King George, VA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Most of the Colleagues are nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

I was hired over the phone and not fully evaluated for the position I was put in. The company did not do an good job of placing me on the Navy base where I would succeed. The Navy base buildings were run down and nasty where they place me with no cell phone signal. Also no sick time off just paid time off in which vacation and sick time was rolled into one, so if you get sick you will take away from your vacation time.

When interviewing please properly ask interview questions that relate to the actually job the candidate will be doing. Conduct an phone screening plus flight or bring candidates in for face to face interview so he or she will get an better feel for the job and employer will get an feel for candidate to make sure it is an good fit.

There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions