Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
www.kratosdefense.com San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Five Years of Opportunity and Exposure to Tier 1 Developers

Data Warehouse Engineer (Former Employee)
Springfield, VA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOver the five years between 2006 - 2011, as an Engineer, I worked on 3 contracts and gain a lot of experience. My business manager was aggressive, fair and provided opportunity to shine and supported training funds for personal development. While at KRATOS, upper management did a great job with benefits (pay raises were fair in the beginning and then went flat in 2010 & 2011).

ConsKRATOS has gone through many growing pains and depending on your current manager and contract. Like many DOD contractors, you are only viable if you are billable. With all the acquisitions, the company has had a lot of turnover, but that happens in a growing company in DOD.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing, but do not lose sight of the value of your employees on-site with the client.

Never felt like an employee of the company but they did pay well and have nice benefits.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits including health care, dental and even free vision. 401K matching at 4.5% after being full vested was a bonus. Friendly employees and co-workers.… Cons: Lack of communication from the management. Provided no training that would have made me qualified for other positions within the company. No new work for… Advice to Senior Management: Find more work in San Diego. Expand on current work instead of buying more small companies. Keep your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Used and dumped

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time

Pros: Steady stream of work, company is doing well financially, expanding Cons: To begin with, the chain of command is very messed up. I had no immediate supervisor to report to, and the person that was listed… Advice to Senior Management: Employees are not tools, they are assets. More

There are newer reviews on Kratos Defense & Security Solutions.

Worked for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions CEO Eric M. DeMarco. All reviews posted anonymously by Kratos Defense & Security Solutions employees.