Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Sucks

Current Employee - Associate in Hayward, CA (US)
Current Employee - Associate in Hayward, CA (US)

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its a job..
Flexible hours and management doesn't get on your back.

Cons

Everything Else that has to do with the job

Know what's going on in your store!

2546 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Poor Training

Current Employee - Cust Service in Sanford, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Cust Service in Sanford, FL (US)

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some friendly co-workers who don't mind helping the newbie.

Cons

Un believable lack of training. Seasonal help, get thrown into the mix, and are expected to know the registers with very minimal training.

When new hires are hired, CBT training is nothing, but watching how to behave towards customers and answer the follow up questions. Then you have a little register training which in my case and 2 others with me, meant standing at a register with a thick book and left alone to read and practice on the register. Well if your alone and can't even sign on, because you weren't shown, there was no point. Then the actual day you are scheduled to work, you shadowed someone, and in my case it was so much to learn and remember it was impossible, after STILL no register training I personally was put into Customer service and trained or lack of by a person who was leaving the state in a few days so that was again, no training because she was interested in not training properly. Then I was left alone a few days later. There are so many scenarios that come up on a register for helping a customer that I had no clue of how to handle, I had to call E3's constantly and they were annoyed over this, I learned returns, payments and sale ring ups by by self. I understand the supervisors can only do so much, because this is the way corporate wants it. Holidays are next week, I hope I survive.

Great team environment but Executives are worked like dogs

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The store has a great team environment, one big family. Development is non-stop and the company continually looks to promote from within.

Cons

Store hours are not condusive to a healthy work-life balance. Often times executives are expected to close late (11 p.m. or later) and turn around and be back at 6 a.m. Store Manager does not seem to put as much support into the Executive team, often times leaving them to cover SM shift when the SM leaves early. Equality among the Executive team is non-existent, often times leaving 1 executive handling 80% of the load themselves.

Take more interest the how happy your team really is. Offer to handle the front lines more often so the team can focus on what needs to be done and get tasks completed efficiently. Have more consideration for work-life balance for entire team and not just themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's