Kimberly-Clark

www.kimberly-clark.com

Great development experiences, now tend to stall out at higher levels

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Roswell, GA (US)

ProsI've had great development experiences across various sectors of the business, and in different locations. Lots of responsibility, even when I was junior with the firm. Good resources to help mentor and grow talent within.

ConsTrend over the last 5-7 years has been to hire externally (and, usually with dubious success.) Add that to much into narrower career ladders as a result of restructures. So, it's been harder to get development into director level and higher as they've been filling the few positions that exist from outside when they do open up.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink your development roles below MAAP/director--you need to have them. Create a formal development program for high potential talent and then use it judiciously.

Plants closing down

Manufacturing Team Member (Former Employee) Everett, WA (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: was really good pay for the area Cons: Plants closing, Manufacturing co that doesn't like to manufacture any… Advice to Senior Management: think about future needs and logistics No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Career at KC Beech Island 2012

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Beech Island, SC (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits, pay and vacation Cons: not very good at job instruction Advice to Senior Management: improve your review of personnel No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kimberly-Clark.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!