Work hard, very hard, and things will come to you

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the familial aura around the office. While I am not a traditional "Kiewit guy", I still coming into work every day and seeing my co-workers. Work is extremely fast paced so it may be hard for those to keep organized

Cons

It can be extremely long hours and weekends. Definitely more favorable to work here if you are young and single.

Don't be afraid of change and innovation.

Other Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

One of the best in the industry

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Kansas City, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Kansas City, KS (US)

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You have an opportunity to be more than a number here. I have held three distinct positions with the company and felt that my managers cared about helping me reach my career goals.

Cons

I have also worked directly with someone who is not liked by managers or coworkers, does not do a good job (or what is asked of him), seems unable to handle the simplest things on his own, but is still around. It's demoralizing to do the work of two people and to see management keep that other person around. Unfortunately, that seems to be the type of thing that is everywhere.

Get rid of low performers and bad managers more frequently. I have seen several good people leave because working with the poor performers was driving them crazy.

Field Engineer Intern

Former Employee - Field Engineer Intern  in  Fairfield, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Field Engineer Intern in Fairfield, CA (US)

I worked at Kiewit Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very good experience, you are given a lot of responsibility right off the bat. As a field engineer, you do not need much technical knowledge to do your job. Fast paced environment, employees really friendly. Lots of overtime. Average work day was 6:30am-5:00pm or 5:30pm. Lots of fun team building.

Cons

No experience required really, did not apply any of the engineering I was taught in school.

There are newer employer reviews for Kiewit Corporation.

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!