So far a great experience.

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for less than a year

Pros

Treatment of employees, pay, benefits, peers.

Cons

Not sure yet, have not experienced any.

Other Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Good pay, Great benefits

Current Employee - Patient Services Representative  in  Santa Rosa, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Patient Services Representative in Santa Rosa, CA (US)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Full benefits for 20+ hours part-timers, including spouse/partner and in retirement. Excellent vacation, sick time,float and birthday holiday. Excellent union contract. Hopefully will remain the same in future.

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility in job due to being in a union, but also more security because of being in a union.

Labor,Union Partnership (LMP) failing at local level. Management making decisions without labor input .

Engineering is better than expected

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Oakland, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

Positive work environment. I think people (myself included) feel good about providing useful health management tools. Team is mostly very good -- some surprising talent there. Good pay/benefits. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Limited holidays. Engineering shares space with business which makes no sense (engineers need to concentrate -- hard to do when people frequently talk around you). Slight disconnect between business and engineering with respect to expectations and development cycle (it's agile on a 2-week cycle, but business sometimes thinks their requests should be immediately implemented.

Consider reducing 60% contractor ratio. I realize you must consider this a cost-saving tactic, but I think there are hidden costs to this approach which aren't easily quantifiable. You presumably supported the switch to agile, so please respect the necessity of sticking to the cycle -- 2 weeks really isn't that long to wait for a new feature. :-)

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!