KPMG is great

Current Employee - Tax  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Career progression and brand name are the two reasons why I decided to join KPMG. They really know how to treat their employees well. The Houston office has bought Cirque du Soleil tickets for everyone in the office, and they have rented a yacht to have a party on. In the tax department during busy season, there is always free food, and they buy dinner for you ever night. The benefits are top notch as well. I think it is the only company that gives you five weeks vacation starting off.

Cons

It is very structured. Your career progression is not really based on performance.

I would tell them that they are doing a great job.

Other Reviews for KPMG US

Great resources for education and career advancement.

Former Employee - Advisory Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Advisory Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at KPMG US

Pros

Access to top companies/clients. Big 4 firms are the only place to obtain that kind of experience. Great resources for education and career advancement. If you do not wish to be on partner track, the network is more than happy to help you get placed with a client (subject to the rules of course) or keep in touch with you so that you can become a client.

Cons

It is very difficult to maintain the work/life balance and meet billing quotas. To bill to one hour of quota one must work about 2 hours. That becomes difficult when travelling and you have a family to take care of. Many of the required activities are not considered part of the revenue quota.

Keep up the quest for work life balance. KPMG has done a better job than any of the other Big Firms. I enjoyed working for KPMG.

The accounting and finance industry is not for everyone, however, KPMG is a great place to launch a career.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

This industry is always evolving and makes for an interesting ride!
    There is a lot of growth opportunities if you are willing to carry the load, but it the end it will be very worth it and rewarding.

Cons

In my case, you never know when that next bid for a big proposal is going to come down the line. You'll need to be prepared to work a few extra nights, but it there is a win then it was all worth it.

I personally don't see the need for my direct manager, my team has held its own with a manager for almost a year and we survived very well.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!