K. Hovnanian Homes
www.khov.com Red Bank, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Depends on where you live...

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at K. Hovnanian Homes full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking as a sales consultant in Houston,TX was a wonderful experience. The market in Texas is steady, Texans are laid back so it was not stressful, and the managers apreciated the work we did. Of course, every manager is differet... My day as a sales cosultant started around 10am usually. Four to five hours in the model home could be spent napping given the number of people that come in on a weekday morning. I usually spent this time doing reports, follow-ups, marketing busy-work, or gossiping on the phone. When clients came in, put on your game face and sell! The only issue with this job is working Sundays until 6pm. I think work/life balance in the US is a joke period and this industry is a great example of that. However, the pay was great and the stress was low. A wonderful place to work if you do not have young children. Pros:
Beautiful environment
Great pay
Lots of vacation time

ConsThere is really no chance of upward moility for sales people. Most make their money and move on, very few ever get to management or corporate positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate that everyone has a family! It is a waste of money and bad business to keep sales people in an empty office on Sunday night.

Administrative Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at K. Hovnanian Homes for more than 5 years

Pros: Nice people to work with. Nice Weekly breakfast. Cons: Input not always wanted, or asked for when it should… Advice to Senior Management: Take the time to get feedback. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work until the market changed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at K. Hovnanian Homes

Pros: The company is committed to deliver a quality product at a good price… Cons: Management changes could be quick and dramatic, with no forewarning. Corporate office middle management and staff in N.J. believed they had the answer to every problem,… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate management needs to leave local issues to local management.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on K. Hovnanian Homes.

Worked for K. Hovnanian Homes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at K. Hovnanian Homes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for K. Hovnanian Homes CEO Ara K. Hovnanian . All reviews posted anonymously by K. Hovnanian Homes employees.