Johnson & Johnson
3.6 of 5 1,213 reviews
www.jnj.com New Brunswick, NJ 5000+ Employees

Great Company! IT Contractor at Corporate Shared Services New Brunswick, NJ

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
New Brunswick, NJ (US)

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsManagers seem to care how employees are doing, will let contractors work during the holidays for extra pay even when they know there isn't any work to do so that they can make extra money for themselves and their family. A company that seems to care about its employees. You can see it with their credo, work/life programs like yoga, a fitness center, stress reduction programs, time off for maternity leave, diverse hiring of employees, food provided during holidays if you are working there,...etc. You also have a company store with 50% off compared to JnJ consumer products you buy at a retail store. Friendly employees. Also, when they lay people off here, corporate HR and managers try the very best to find these laid off people within the company to fill positions or even lower level positions with in JnJ. Thats the culture here. I have heard of many directors getting laid off only to take a lower level position as a senior manager with less salary. Hey, thats what JnJ is all about: they take care of their own employees.

ConsVery hard to get a position as a full time employee. If your in college about to graduate, it is easier. JnJ likes to hire young people straight out of college under and graduate, and they want these people to work themselves up to higher positions. that is their hiring hr philosophy. Its such a nice work atmosphere there that people work their whole lives straight out of college that they can get away with this strategy. So, if your like me who didn't get hired into JNJ out of college and are looking for a senior manager job (which 95% of the time they hire an inside JnJ person to fill it) it is very difficult to get into this company. Only other con I think of is the food is'nt that great at Johnson Hall in New Brunswick and local subsidiary affiliates. Aramark, the food service, vendor only goes all out in quality in the corporate world headquarters and 410 george street. For all other locations the food is stale and disgusting. So, JnJ needs to be consistent over all their locations in quality food.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to hire more outside employees that are not straight out of college. Maybe you think those type of people are easier to train and grow within but outside employees can also adapt and learn and grow within JnJ.

Great company for personal development and work-life-balance

IT Manager (Former Employee)
New Brunswick, NJ (US)

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than a year

Pros: They invest heavily in your personal development. The company respects… Cons: Big whale with lots of bureaucracy layers that moves slowly. It… Advice to Senior Management: Take more risks, inspire an entrepreneurial spirit, and value opportunity… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

corrupt and inept mgmt

Clinical Program Leader (Former Employee)

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: pay and benefits and pension for doing very mediocre results Cons: everyone there is mediocre. people who want to get a job that pays well, stay there, don't take chances or risks and don't do anything… Advice to Senior Management: take some risks, clean out all of the JnJ 15+ yr employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Johnson & Johnson.

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson & Johnson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky. All reviews posted anonymously by Johnson & Johnson employees.