There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Hard-working, smart people with some bureaucratic, big company headaches.

Current Employee - Research Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Research Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

There are some very thoughtful, intelligent, and capable people. Great networking opportunities. Because of the size of the firm, there is a lot of mobility within the firm.

Cons

Because of the current regulatory environment, there is definitely a "CYA" compliance mentality. There are a lot of hoops to jump through just to get things done, all in an effort for the company to limit foul ups, losses, and bad press. This isn't different from other companies in the industry, but the bigger the company, the more the red tape.

reviews filtered by

Large company that has lost its focus.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company is financially stable, however, the current conditions can only continue to be profitable for a period of time.

Cons

Company has grown extensively over the past 10 years. As a result, the company's culture was gradually lost. The employees are no longer any priority. It is not uncommon for employees to focus on their own advancement (this is sole motivation). The team concept is very rare.

Advice to Management

Realign your focus.

Former temporary IT Support rep

Former Contractor - Technical Support
    Former Contractor - Technical Support

I worked at J.P. Morgan as a contractor

Pros

Not too many that I can think of besides the fact they own of one of the worst banks ever

Cons

Knows how to lie really good about the reason why they fire people. I worked there for two weeks and was let go because of budget cuts, Then tried to get back on through a different company, but that company came back and told me I was fired for performance. Yeah right. If you were gonna fire me for performance, it would have been nice to let me know from the get go instead of lying behind my back to cover your backs. So if you wanna work for a bunch of lying, two-faced executive level scumbags, this a great place.

Advice to Management

For the management that was responsible for getting me fired at the Tampa location, you all can expect karma to hit you all where it hurts