J.P. Morgan

www.jpmorganchase.com
There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Spring Analyst Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at J.P. Morgan as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

BB firm, top name, market pay, amazing prospects, and intelligent colleagues. Work can sometimes be interesting, and experience vary a lot depending on who you work with.

Cons

IBD lifestyle means 15-18hours a day plus most weekends. All the seniors try to push donkey work to you and punish you in feedback for not meeting their deadlines. Hardcore environment but everyone was desperate for a job so you see a lot of competitve interns fighting for work. Those who socialise the most tend to win a job. Some were definitely more experienced than others and myself, with many having done several M&A internships in France.

4671 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

Politics & Inefficient management will drive you away

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY (US)

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some very good people to work with who help you out
    Lot of options to move around the firm, but it comes with a big IF which i will explain in detail in the Cons

Cons

Politics (at the ground level as well.)
    Politically biased salary & comp structure - Basically if your (incompetent) manager likes you, you may earn much more than your superior
    Inefficient managers - I admire working with senior folks, but honestly some folks here started heir careers 30 years ago & their style of work never changed.
    Executives gossiping about you behind your back - YES YOU HEARD IT RIGHT. They encourage you to talk to them, keep it transparent. But then they meet other co-workers for after work dinners/drinks & let it all out. HORRIBLE.

I was on the technology side, started well, very well. My performance was always top-notch in the group. I gave in hours and hours of my life, late nights every night, weekends you name it I was always there to perform.

But then the management drove me away. Expectations for you to perform day & night were set, but at the end of the day politics & a very biased salary & hiring structure forced me to look out.

I can't comment on work-life balance at all because one does not exist here at all. Forget about me saying its bad, because there is no balance here at all. Partly enforced by managers & part by employees who just sit and browse internet in the office to gain brownie points for showing their face. But then you can't blame them because compensation is linked to you presence in the office.

Well you may think that in such a big company you can look out for internal positions after a while - true & HR is very supportive of this. But some managers will go out of the way to block your internal move. Yes that happens here, it happened to my co-workers & they left the firm as well.

Well honestly, not too impressed with the senior management in my Line of Business. I was handicapped for my day-to-day decisions because of some guidelines (as they call it) in place at the top.

Excellent

I worked at J.P. Morgan as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The bank has excellent leadership and a positive culture.

Cons

The work life balance at the bank is not very good.

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan