J. C. Penney
3.0 of 5 1,665 reviews
www.jcpenney.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Good company with decent benefits and decent amount of opportuntites

Area Manager (Former Employee)
Cedar Hill, TX (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time for more than a year

Prosjcp is not scared to place you in a role that you have no experience in. Multiple locations throughout the country which provides opportunities for advancement if willing to locate.

ConsLimited opportunities if not willing to locate. If a position is offered to you and you turn down the position (due to location or job preferences), it is difficult to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should evaluate their distribution center HR policies as there are a multitude of under-performing supervisors and managers who cannot be dismissed from the company due to the Pro-employee approach they take. This effects moral of quality employees.

Good on hours, but only during the holidays

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)
Palmdale, CA (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time for less than a year

Pros: + customer oriented + takes good/bad reviews seriously + friendly environment + managers can be friendly& down-to-earth but know when to manage + 25% discount + the change [ppl may… Cons: - even if your department is clean, everyone has to stay til the store is clean - late nights - random nights where you will have to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Changes Are Killing My Branch

Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for more than a year

Pros: They have a good employee discount and, if you are good at your… Cons: You have to have a college degree to get into a management spot no matter how much you know or how long you've worked… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J. C. Penney CEO Mike Ullman. All reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees.