J. C. Penney

www.jcpenney.com

1904 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Good company with decent benefits and decent amount of opportuntites

Area Manager (Former Employee) Cedar Hill, TX (US)

Prosjcp is not scared to place you in a role that you have no experience in. Multiple locations throughout the country which provides opportunities for advancement if willing to locate.

ConsLimited opportunities if not willing to locate. If a position is offered to you and you turn down the position (due to location or job preferences), it is difficult to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should evaluate their distribution center HR policies as there are a multitude of under-performing supervisors and managers who cannot be dismissed from the company due to the Pro-employee approach they take. This effects moral of quality employees.

Not a bad place to start

Service Lead Expert (Current Employee)

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Great promote within mentality -Company values input -Great prices -Great discount on already… Cons: -Ron Johnson expects too much without providing the salary to support adequate staffing -Somehow they expect us to take care of customers while we have a… Advice to Senior Management: Give us the proper people/staffing to get the job done RIGHT. We need to invest our time/money into our PEOPLE (leadership included). Otherwise, we will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Changes Are Killing My Branch

Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for more than a year

Pros: They have a good employee discount and, if you are good at your… Cons: You have to have a college degree to get into a management spot no matter how much you know or how long you've worked… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!