J.B. Hunt
www.jbhunt.com Lowell, AR 5000+ Employees

They Have Huge Problems and no concern to fix them

DCS Driver (Former Employee)
Breinigsville, PA (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLots of work
at Least its a job

ConsWhere do I start? Work and Life balance is terrible. They avoid paying for things like breakdowns. Often miss (avoid?) paying for extras like drop and hooks, unloading times. Too much power given to store associates in paperwork that effects pay. Pay is wrong all the time, yet that problem is never fixed, it just keeps happenning. Avoidance is the standard way to take on problems. If you are a problem child, or they even think you are, you are terminated. They have a really poor culture that just keeps on getting passed through as people play the game and move up by being quiet, Health and safety concerns at this location. No sick days, threaten you with firing. Bad insurance program.
They are terrified of unionization.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop plugging in newbies in both management and driving force. The avoidance factor is unreal there. Fix problems, but more importantly start listening to your employees, otherwise you'll stay a last resort. You should really think about fixing these issues, because the driving universe has the goods on you.

Management not properly placed

South Gate, CA (US)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time

Pros: Friendly environment, salary is competitive, access to industry leading tools. Cons: Employee manager lacks ability to be a leader, allows other junior employees to control and manipulate company rules and policy's.… Advice to Senior Management: Stand up and take charge. The same mistakes are repeated day after day. The same employee's continue with same daily company violations. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

So So workplace, so so salary

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's a job for sure, but maybe not a … Cons: Long Hours, under-paid per industry average, high priced benefits package. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on J.B. Hunt.

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.B. Hunt reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J.B. Hunt CEO John N. Roberts III. All reviews posted anonymously by J.B. Hunt employees.