Itron
www.itron.com Liberty Lake, WA 5000+ Employees

One of the best places to work in Liberty Lake

Systems Analyst Programmer (Current Employee)
Liberty Lake, WA (US)

I have been working at Itron full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLarge on-site gym, sand volleyball and basketball in parking lot, friendly and appealing work environment, casual attire.
Business is strong and steady.
3 weeks vacation after 2 years.

ConsSince it's in a small town the salary isn't as competitive.
Sometimes the pace of change is quite slow considering the fact that meters don't change a whole lot.
Self-improvement isn't rewarded. The rate of progression in the company is set in stone, so working extra hard doesn't pay off.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfit sharing is excellent, but would be even better if it wasn't paid out on such a sliding scale. I would be great if everyone got the same amount, instead of getting a percentage of your salary. Upper management seems a bit greedy on things like this.

Laying off Good Employees!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Itron full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great work atmosphere on the floor, poor performance in Human Resource deptartment, and upper management is more concerned about their bonuses than the well… Cons: The most recent layoff was based on tenure....so if you do a great job, you lose your job, because you haven't worked there longer than… Advice to Senior Management: Start listening to your middle management and focus on your family… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

light work load

I have been working at Itron

Pros: work live balance good for young learners Cons: bad management too much politics More

There are newer reviews on Itron.

Worked for Itron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Itron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Itron CEO Philip Mezey . All reviews posted anonymously by Itron employees.