Intuit
3.7 of 5 1,344 reviews
www.intuit.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Pathetic immigration policy. Other than that, will work for Intuit again.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1. Great mobility options, in my 4+ years at Intuit, I have changed roles three times. Twice, I changed because I sought out growth opportunities and had constructive conversations with my managers. If you are someone who owns your career and seeks out growth (lateral and upward) opportunities, you will like this. The third time I changed roles, it was a re-org (that is an annual thing by the way) and I was given time to think it over and consider.
2. Great people and have been fortunate to have good managers - although that is entirely subjective and depends on you. Both times I spoke to my managers about moving after 18+ months in my roles, they were very supportive.
3. Very open feedback culture, at least, in the face of it. I loved that and felt like I became a better person.
4. Great benefits in comp, bonus, equity although equity is being reduced. Spotlights are a cool way of instantly rewarding performance with a small cash award ($100-$500) and recognition.
5. Good immigration lawyers who can confidently handle your H1B and Green card cases.

Cons1. Immigration cost one star in my perspective as the Green Card policy is extremely sub par. While the lawyers are capable, internal policy is that only Staff Software Engineers qualify for EB2, everyone else, regardless of level/title only qualifies for EB3. My #1 reason for leaving Intuit is that I have >5 years of experience and am middle management, but am still considered EB3. I know folks at the Group Manager level but are in EB3 because they are not in engineering.
2. If your spouse has an option of getting an insurance elsewhere, but opts to take Intuit's (usually superior) insurance coverage, you are required to pay $100 per paycheck. That adds up and is a big sore thumb to pay $2600 per year just because my spouse has an option.
3. A little too much emphasis on soft skills and consensus and please, enough with the Leadership success profile. A little too much BS there.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease bring the Immigration policy on par with other technology companies to prevent either an exodus or gradual attrition of immigrant talent. Please reduce the culture of management updates through powerpoint. Please review middle management based on 360 feedback and take strong action when needed...lots of dead weight floating around.

Intuit is a company that really cares about its employees

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Excellent Work-Life balance, very competitive compensation and health benefits, great culture, great people.… Cons: Very open and touchy-feely company that can take a while to make a decision or change in strategy because everyone has to be involved. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Employee orientation innovation customer engagement Cons: Technology global strategy customer support More

There are newer reviews on Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intuit CEO Brad Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees.