Interpublic Group
www.interpublic.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Not bad, but not inspiring

Director (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Interpublic Group

ProsFair bit of autonomy and some decent managers. It really depends on what company you work for inside of IPG that will determine your level of happiness.

ConsThere are a lot of politics and it's a boys club, especially at Mediabrands. Current leadership is uninspiring and there have been some questionable decisions made by top execs recently. Not sure what the future holds for IPG.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet in inspired, creative folks and let them have a say. Lose egotistical upper management who can't lead or execute against a meaningful vision. Identify the people who are currently really doing things differently and promote them.

Too corporate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Interpublic Group

Pros: The benefits are good. There is some opportunity to work… Cons: It is a very corporate environment. Although it is in the… Advice to Senior Management: Create a more inclusive environment. Many decisions are made behind close doors without input from employees. If you're… More

Good holding company to work for

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Interpublic Group

Pros: Benefits are good. Paid time off is good. The IT / Business Applications group doesn't have long hours unlike other lines of advertising,… Cons: This is specific to the IT/ Business Applications Group, I am in, not the entire company. I can't speak for the Finance, HR and… Advice to Senior Management: Provide a career path for employees who perform well and deserve it. I can't imagine someone (who isn't in the C-Suite or a VP)… More

There are newer reviews on Interpublic Group.

Worked for Interpublic Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interpublic Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Interpublic Group CEO Michael I. Roth. All reviews posted anonymously by Interpublic Group employees.