Great place to work because of who I was given the opportunity to work with!

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros

Great flexibility in work schedule, ability to use your creativity in program and activity creation, control over teaching staff which created great learning opportunities for student from professionals actively in field.

Cons

Performance evaluation metrics are objective and leave no room for management wiggle room.

While establishing goals to strive for is great give management an opportunity to evaluate employees subjectively. Evaluation by numerical standard alone does not reflect the efforts of the individual.

Other Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Good company to break into education, but don't stay too long!

Former Employee - Career Services Specialist
    Former Employee - Career Services Specialist

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Organized, good campus-level support staff; Excellent chairs and faculty. Decent salary. Assisting students to find their career aspirations is what motivated to get to work every day.

Cons

It's all about the numbers to the company. My previous supervisor was Jekyll and Hyde; one day way up, the next way down, and because she was too often "way down", her words and deeds ultimately drove me from this company. If she was a reflection of ITT - and by her actions and her overt brown-nosing, I'd say she was - then I'd exercise caution when seeking work here. I'll repeat: It's all about the numbers.

Hire more mentally-stable supervisors who can tactfully and artfully articulate responsibilities, and will cultivate and nurture a career aspiration, rather then treat you, ultimately, like chattel.

Rewarding occuppation, great people at my location

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was a joy to work with supportive, team oriented, friendly, and professional group of people at my location.

Cons

A reduction in budget resulted in hundreds of full-time faculty and staff being work force reduced.

Using manufacturing method parameters to operate an educational institution does not seem to be effective. Perhaps the techniques used by current management are in need of change. If the reduction had been done at the top, many jobs would have been saved. Top management has driven the stock price down from $110 to $15. By that measure I should have lost my job. The CEO position alone is equivalent to 142 school positions.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!