ITT Technical Institute

www.itt-tech.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Great place to work because of who I was given the opportunity to work with!

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros

Great flexibility in work schedule, ability to use your creativity in program and activity creation, control over teaching staff which created great learning opportunities for student from professionals actively in field.

Cons

Performance evaluation metrics are objective and leave no room for management wiggle room.

While establishing goals to strive for is great give management an opportunity to evaluate employees subjectively. Evaluation by numerical standard alone does not reflect the efforts of the individual.

575 Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute (View Most Recent)

Good company to break into education, but don't stay too long!

Former Employee - Career Services Specialist
    Former Employee - Career Services Specialist

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Organized, good campus-level support staff; Excellent chairs and faculty. Decent salary. Assisting students to find their career aspirations is what motivated to get to work every day.

Cons

It's all about the numbers to the company. My previous supervisor was Jekyll and Hyde; one day way up, the next way down, and because she was too often "way down", her words and deeds ultimately drove me from this company. If she was a reflection of ITT - and by her actions and her overt brown-nosing, I'd say she was - then I'd exercise caution when seeking work here. I'll repeat: It's all about the numbers.

Hire more mentally-stable supervisors who can tactfully and artfully articulate responsibilities, and will cultivate and nurture a career aspiration, rather then treat you, ultimately, like chattel.

No one listens

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say; Online Division in Carmel, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say; Online Division in Carmel, IN (US)

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My boss is great--best manager ever

Cons

Generally, employees talk about leaving as "getting out" as if you are in prison; this very negative attitude occurs with most every long-term employee and is likely based on the lack of "listening" from upper management. Please see suggestions.

Please spend money on feedback mechanisms for staff and faculty to actually implement/credit employees for their suggestions. Implement funds for minor programs toward employee satisfaction (on-site gym or cafe, couches or carpet in the break room, HEAT in the building)--no cop-outs for the single meal per year, opportunities for more to work from home. If money is invested in staff, overall training costs for employee turnover will decrease to a balancing point. Employees feel trapped in positions--there is little internal hiring for promotions. They are ill-rewarded for their hard work/salaried overtime, with more expected of less staff all of the time. There is no advance preparation to increase staffing when the company desires more students, they simply hire more admissions representatives without worrying about increasing the capability to maintain the status of current students. Please take these suggestions to heart, as I have thought them through thoroughly and would like to improve this workplace.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute