Good company to work for

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive  in  Madrid (Spain)
Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

Good pay and quite structured in the sales area; learnt the spin sales process

Cons

Too many support people for the number of sales people

More training sessions would come in handy

Other Reviews for IQPC

Fast paced with Great opportunities

Former Employee - Delegate Sales  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Delegate Sales in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at IQPC full-time for more than a year

Pros

IQPC is the organisation where I have gained a strong foundation in sales and sales management. This is due to the regular training provided to constantly enhance our sales approach and processes. The skills and knowledge I have learned and developed from its Management Development Program gave me the confidence I need to be a team leader. As it is a fast paced industry and with the organisation growing rapidly during my time, career progression was quick with which the exposure and experience is priceless. In addition, with IQPC offices located globally, there are opportunities to be posted or offered a role in one of them. The vast array of conferences IQPC has to offer has also allowed me to gain a strong knowledge of the industries they represent.

Cons

Global senior management can be quite cut-throat and make sudden decisions. Conferences can be repetitive. There is high staff turnover.

Continue to develop talents within the organisation through the successful Academy programs as that will both recognize and retain capable staff. Headhunt external talents to provide both a dynamic organisation and new perspectives on how things can be done. Look at new areas of growth both in the type of conferences and the business as a whole.

Abusive, unsupportive work environment - tone set from top down

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at IQPC full-time for more than a year

Pros

London office is in a great location - Victoria is easy to commute to.

Cons

I'm a self starter and very motivated, but I found that managers were not interested in my abilities, but rather manipulating me in such a way as to produce high volumes of mediocre and sub-par output. I'm also non-confrontational, but had to threaten legal action in order to get the company to fulfil basic parts of my employment contract. Managers inspire those who work for them by issuing threats and by negative reinforcement. Top down management is abusive and vindictive and staff turnover is extremely high. During the course of 12 months at the London office, I noted that probably less than 10% of those remaining towards the end of that period had been at the company at the start of those 12 months. Customers were also treated in an abusive manner and the deceitful use of third party information and fraudulent claims as to our own identity are actually probably illegal.

Tighter control of middle level managers is necessary.

There are newer employer reviews for IQPC.

Worked for IQPC? Contribute to the Community!