IKEA
www.ikea.com Delft 1 to 5 Employees

Just another big box retailer that puts hourly co-workers first; your screwed if you are a manager.

Logistics (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at IKEA full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBenefits, PTO, employee discount, don't have to buy work clothes. If there is good store management the place can be fun to work at. If not, it is a living nightmare.

ConsSteering group and corporate office that has no clue as to what goes on in the store. They manage from a desk and will always be in meetings. They create work groups just to be in more meetings and avoid the co-workers and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop sitting at your desk or in meetings and see what is going on in the store.

No room for promotions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at IKEA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: tuition assents, friendly work environment, and yearly holiday presents. Cons: When they bring in mangers who have never worked for an IKEA they don't understand the IKEA culture.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very European style in their excellent treatment of employees

Customer Service Living Rooms (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at IKEA part-time for more than a year

Pros: Oustanding health, dental, and vision benefits for part-timers. Great discounts on meals and merchandise. Flexible with requests for time off. Super clean and positive work enviornment. Free… Cons: Very team oriented -- great if you love to "sing" the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on IKEA.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IKEA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IKEA CEO Peter Agnefjall. All reviews posted anonymously by IKEA employees.