IHS

www.ihs.com

Not a bad place to work

Senior Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat people to work with, very diverse work enviroment, not an old boys club. Full of characters from all over the world (young and old, many different cultures, languages and backgrounds),
 My immediate boss is great. Nice office enviroment in an upscale part of town. Bonus shares of stock vested after one year tied to company performance.

Cons2 % wage increases, even though the company is reporting record profits. Healthcare plan has pleny of room for improvement. Big corporate company that has been buying up smalll informaiton companies like crazy; down side is those people who made in through the initial aquisition are too concerned with protecting their own turf, mainly in the sales department. Sales is carved up into fiefdoms that dont make product sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate some of those middle-manament from the upper end. Honestly the chain of bosses between me and the CEO in huge. I don't even have any interaction with many of the "managers" above me. My immediate supervisor is great. Pay the staff of analysts and data collectors better, they are the real value in this company.

Not good to work as Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IHS full-time for more than a year

Pros: Less Salary , no value for our position Cons: No importance for technical guys No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

1 year

Data Quality Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IHS full-time for more than a year

Pros: good working nature at ihs Cons: nothing downsides in ihs company More
There are newer reviews on IHS.

Worked for IHS? Contribute to the Community!