There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great place to gain experience, but always had to "look over my shoulder"

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at IBM

Pros

- IBMers are some of the best people to work with in terms of skill and dedication. I have learned a lot from my colleagues there.
- Excellent benefits including a pension (I am not sure if this is still available for new hires).

Cons

- Frequent Resource Actions (RIF)
- Always felt pressured to look for a new job within IBM even though my first line manager was a Professional Development Manager or a Resource Manager. Why not help me find a job?

- The resource actions that have been taken have affected the morale of your employees. I was RA'd in 2009, but I found a new job quickly and have not looked back. Remember these former employees will become employees of companies that will influence the purchase of your products or services --- or they may not.

11556 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

OK, but could have been better.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Big company, with possibility to work on different projects and areas based on interest. Lots of resources for learning, collaborating on different projects/technologies, etc.

Cons

Big company, strategy spread slowly and some projects seems to have a hard time identifying all stakeholders. Also, there are too many meetings, that sometimes get into the way of getting things done.

Please work more closely to provide big picture strategy, and be more candid with employee review process.

IBM stepping on its own toes

I have been working at IBM

Pros

IBM has a professional culture that is very cognizant of work life balance. There are lots of good systems in place for managing things

Cons

IBM is almost too big for its own good. The multiple organizations do not cooperate and sometimes even compete with very little leadership or accountability

IBM is leaving a lot of revenue on the table by not more strategically targeting new business opportunities in accounts in which it is not well penetrated

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!