IBM
3.2 of 5 10,174 reviews
www.ibm.com Armonk, NY 5000+ Employees

Excellent experience in an industrial research lab

PhD Research Intern (Former Employee)
Yorktown Heights, NY (US)

I worked at IBM as an intern for less than a year

ProsAccess to a vast range of resources (financial and otherwise) for research, excellent mentoring system for research interns and strong encouragement to be creative. Excellent pay for research interns, excellent benefits (housing) and relocation offered.

ConsFew work related cons, except that I interend over the winter and no transport was available from housing unlike in the summer. TJ Watson is very isolated and impossible to reach by public transport. Taxis are not expensive though (Typ 15-20$ from TJ Watson to Mt Kisco)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep running the research intern program, and perhaps consider a little closer how to coordinate interns who do not intern during the main summer block

There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IBM CEO Virginia Rometty. All reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees.