There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IBM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of intellectual capital
Good career growth plan
Excellent manager
lot of work flexibility

Cons

Waited a long time since the time I joined to the time i got assigned to a project

11573 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Good opportunities for learning, very very poor management

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Brno (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Brno (Czech Republic)

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of opportunities to acquire exp

Cons

Very Very poor management, no benefits, very very low salary, the only motivation this company offers is the possibility to acquire experience and run away.
    This type of company remembers me of the communism regime, no appreciation for the work you provide, incompetent people have access to higher positions. The "people managers" have no competency, no basic skills, they care only about themselves. If you have the “chance” to be promoted to a higher position with bigger responsibilities and more workload, nothing will change, still same salary and no real benefits beside the experience.
    Completely ignorant to the real problems in the company, all point of view is imposed, if you want to comment will be banned, isolated and eventually you will have enough and quit.

You bring no real benefit to the company, no value add, you benefit only from your employees hard work. You are not real managers, you have no involvement what so ever in the company values.
    1 mil $ was spent to reconstruct Sam office and you ask your employees to work more because we are in a economic crisis era.

Positive and flexible Schedule

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Flexibility in schedule. 401k match is better than most.

Cons

401k match recently changed so that we get the company match at the end of the year and ONLY get it if we are employed then. We are challenged to drive and manage technical staff in a fragmented support structure in which accountability is low. Sometimes you get the impression support teams are doing you a favor in resolving a complex issue. Much time is spent teaching processes to technical teams with high turn over.

If you want compliance to be 100%, accountability for IT controls need to rest solely on first line managers of their respective support towers instead of the account team whom do not have visibility or control over processes.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!