IBM

www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

My internship has provided opportunities to interact with management of one of America's largest organizations.

Current Employee - Coop in Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Coop in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at IBM as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

IBM has a spectacular team. Everyone you work with is incredible. The company has an incomparable track record of innovation. The work/life balance is better than I've ever seen elsewhere. A lot of work can be done remotely.

Cons

With remote working, many people do not come into the office. This means you don't get to experience the excitement of a busy office or the physical company of your colleagues. If you thrive off human interaction in the work environment this could be considered a con.

12806 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

IT end-to-end solution for all industries

Current Employee - - in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - - in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

*Magazines says IBM is the best leadership people developer, I agree.
    *Great place to gain experience and knowledge, from strategic consulting to infrastructure.

Cons

*Salary budget is vary among divisions, "upper class" division has competitive salary compared to competitors but the "lower class" division has very low budget and the employees there including the high performance ones are easily hijacked by competitors when just offered standard / proper amount of compensation.
    *New employee with the same band is "treated" more than existing employees who started working from lower band. Could lead to employee disloyalty.

Heavily need fixing on the compensation methodology, we already lost many good talents here.

A good company for new graduate

Former Employee - Systems Service Representative in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Systems Service Representative in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cooperative Environment
    Great Culture
    Plenty of development opportunities
    So much to learn in work

Cons

Average Salary
    Career largely depend on your boss

more incentives to productive empoyees

There are newer employer reviews for IBM