New Employee's Review of Huron

Current Employee - Associate  in  Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company seems to have combined the top tier / large consulting firms' (Anderson, Accenture, Deloitte, etc.) polish while managing a smaller size and feel (approx 2500 employees)

Cons

TBD on cons - not sure what they are / would be (besides the usual consulting cons of travel wear, "business need" of assignments, and a typical, somewhat arrogant / "we are smarter than everyone" mentality of the staff). Either way, these are manageable and somewhat typical for the industry so nothing negative to say.

none for now

Other Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Still in its growth stage but a nice place to work.

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

More challenging projects are needed

Great job for recent grads; but move on after a few years

Former Employee - Associate Consultant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. The company goes out of its way to make the job as fun as possible. They consistently organize small events for your project to make the time away from home pass by more quickly.
    2. The vast majority of the company is made up of honest, intelligent, and hardworking individuals. Huron has a few jerks just like any other corporate consulting company, but overall everyone is pretty cool.

Cons

1. The market wage for consultants at Huron is slightly below the market wage for consultants at other firms. After four years at Huron, I was making $75k annually, plus bonus, which ranged from anywhere between $2k and $10k.
    2. The work can get repetitive after a few years
    3. I often felt like Huron was developing me into a strong Huron employee, not a strong consultant and/or leader in general. Granted, they are not responsible for overall personal and professional development, but as a young person I wanted more so that I would be better prepared for my next career.

There are newer employer reviews for Huron Consulting Group.

Worked for Huron Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!