There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire

Hotwire is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

I really like the atmosphere in Hotwire - friendly team, collaborative, and goals oriented. Professional management and engineering teams. Interesting tasks!

Cons

I don't see many Cons at Hotwire. It may look a bit conservative, but still ok in terms of career development.

I like the way you manage transformation at Hotwire. Moving to Agile is a big and right step for the entire company.

108 Other Employee Reviews for Hotwire (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

Great place to work. Great environment with a tremendous work/life balance. Management listens to feedback and everyone wants to succeed.

Cons

Other then compensation, not really any cons. Great place to learn in an exciting environment, lots of people have left and been very successful with startups, so obviously they are doing well at attracting talent.

Keep up the good work!

boring and bland but with dangling carrot

Current Employee - I Tick and I Travel Over the Hotwire  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - I Tick and I Travel Over the Hotwire in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

great place to have a child, very fair. great place if you really want to disappear so to speak. i.e. get little done and just coast. a ton of people have left so a lot of openings are there for people to rise into to. lax hours. some people come at 11 and leave at 4, even a the high up. great stock grants and options over there years to keep you chugging along. very generous bonus which keeps us around! clem (president) is really a great guy who i think is trying to handle things the best he can.

Cons

lot of management heaped on top of more management. it seems like there is a 1-4 or 1-3 ratio of managers to contributors in some departments. so that is a super big pain in getting anything done. way too much process. they tried agile and that did not work with those involved. so now they have a new thing called queues which is like mini waterfalls but is turning out to be just as slow and painful. but with just less people in each one. a lot of deadweight even at the high high up. they really can take any fun out of anything while getting big big salaries. a lot of people have been leaving as well which is really sad and ironically its a lot of smart people who are going. so the weak ones stay. ugh.

fire all those slackers. get rid of all the managers. flatten the org. get rid of that horrific waterfall structure. merge product and fd together and make people accountable. reward those that work. not those who kiss ass.

There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire

Worked for Hotwire? Contribute to the Community!