There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

We need to go back 30 years.

Current Employee - Route Salesman
Current Employee - Route Salesman

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

It pays the bills, but just barley

Cons

Incompentance everywhere, It seems that the compant wants to survive but has know idea of how to do it. Makes cuts to personell at the wrong level and wrong people.

Go back to the ideas that got you to where you were before things went bad. Let the local plants run themselves, GET RID OF ALL THE DAMN VARIETIES. sell the mail line and let the others try all the nickle and dime stuff. Let your sales staff do their job, Mr. Driscoll, Path To Market is a very bad idea, why have five people do the job of one? Get rid of the V.P.s we don't need 10 layers of management to do you job, and pay us what we are worth, you would be surprised what we could do if we were motovated (paid) to do so.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Hostess Brands (View Most Recent)

Struggling to Gain Traction

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Hostess has solid financial backing and solid brands. Everyone wants to see the company succeed. Employees are loyal and hardworking.

Cons

The company has not successfully grown revenues. Its market share and quality are currently too weak to develop positive momentum.

Take a fresh look at the company's assets (brands, infrastructure, employees, etc) and the market opportunity and reevaluate what key initiatives should be. The emphasis on brands and Path to Market has not been successful so far.

Horrible place to work!!!

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative  in  New Hope, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in New Hope, MN (US)

I worked at Hostess Brands

Pros

The money was ok, a certain supervisor was nice to me. The products they carried were pretty easy to sell.

Cons

They change the rules for daily job routine every week it seemed. The hours are bad my hours there were 3am-1pm or later. No 2 days off in a row you get wednesday and sunday off. Everything that went wrong there seemed to be the saleman's fault upper managment didn't seem they did anything wrong. You drive vehicles that are more than 20 years old with no heat in the winter no air conditioning in the summer and all the maintainance issues you can think of.

Know that the salespeople are the back bone of your company and not the problem all the time. You need to get them better equipment to work with like trucks, handheld computers, and carts to carry the products in and out of the stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!