Home Instead Senior Care

www.homeinstead.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Hours are scarce, Pay is extremely low but job is easy

Current Contractor - Caregiver in Whittier, CA (US)
Current Contractor - Caregiver in Whittier, CA (US)

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

easy work, meeting new people

Cons

pay is very very low. They invoice their clients $28 an hour but pay us caregivers $8.25 per hour. SHAME

Increase pay

266 Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care (View Most Recent)

HISC in Fort Collins does not care about their employees

Former Employee - Caregiver in Fort Collins, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Fort Collins, CO (US)

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved all the clients I had. :)

Cons

Ignored by management when asked why I wasn't paid the correct rate. Then they stopped scheduling me even when I was requested to work by clients. :(

Treat your employees with respect and listen to their concerns if you want to keep good reliable help. We are people, not just dollar signs for you Mr. Maguire!

Meaningful Work with a Less Than Desirable Office Culture

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This organization does wonderful work for the seniors and families that they serve. They treat their field staff--Caregivers & CNA's much better than their in-office staff. While the work for the Seniors was beyond rewarding the office culture was hostile and unappreciative.

Cons

I worked for this company for several years. Very demanding work for very low pay--feels like non-profit. No sense of a team, you are on your own. Lots of stomping, yelling, and temper tantrum like behavior from upper management. High turnover rate for new in-office staff, most new hires leave in less than 6 months with little to no notice. No concept of how to train new hires.

Big accomplishments are rarely acknowledged, but your day to day work (even with no errors) is scrutinized daily--as in leaning over your computer while you are working.

I worked a salaried position where I was not expected to take breaks--ever and when I did (for 30 min) I was text to see when/if I was returning.

The owner consults "the moon and the stars" while running her business by constantly referring to "Saturn being in retrograde" and "deciding" your work traits by your "sign", which I have no interest in discussing as anything more than a novelty.

If you dare call in sick or need time off for an emergency, such as a car accident, sick family member, or surgery, you will be called, text, and emailed nonstop. I say this as someone who never took off any days that were not earned. Staff has literally come to work with Strep throat while still contagious.

You are discouraged from and it referred to as "not sure what to do with this" if you have any type of social (platonic) relationship with co-workers--such as going to dinner or for drinks together after work.

If you want meaningful work--yes.
    If you want to feel like a respected and valuable team member--no.
    If you like being treated like a machine and not a person--yes
    If you want a decent salary for the city of Chicago.--no.

Hire a true HR Manager to implement EOEE and Labor Laws.

Implement a true training program for all new hires.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care