Hewlett-Packard

HP Joins the Grade B Companies working culture

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer
Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good place to learn on your own, costlier trainings are provided based on business needs

Cons

Less benifits
lower compensation
HP is trying to lure investor with all its cuts and reductions, however, it wont go for long as the product does not run company, its the good people

well, agree that there was recession, however, there are companies who fought back and giving the employees what they deservs.

9305 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Perfect Storm

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Professional environment, independence, self-directed work, ownership of results. Big push to convert employees to teleworkers.

Cons

HP Enterprise Services is in the middle of submitting its employees to the "perfect storm" of tough times. The combination of the economy, overseas outsourcing, and the aquisition of EDS, have all combined to make big layoffs inevitable. Big push to convert employees to teleworkers. Cost cutting environment is oppressive. I manage a multi-million dollar project and my company, one that makes printers, will not buy me a printer for my office.

Recognize the value that a PM with a long track record of dependable performance and great communication skills, and promote the heck out of that person. Don't nickle-and-dime them with cost cuts; give them some hardware perks for working for HP; a home office setup and mobile service. Make them proud to be a PM for HP, getting stuff done.

Manufacturing

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Knowledge sharing is good, and the rapport between colleagues is also good, and there are opportunities to work in different areas.

Cons

Subjected to economic changes and the management seems only interested to protect themselves at the expense of subordinates, thus very political.

Need to offer job stability and also to have interest of the employee in job and career development, and not to get too political.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard