Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Neutral - there's good and Bad

Current Employee - Manager  in  Leixlip (Ireland)
Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility, respect i am given by my boss, the autonomy to manage and set goals for my people, work life balance is tough at the minute but i own it and am supported. Great colleagues and willingness from people to do the right thing

Cons

Very top down approach, people are more worried about how things look than the substance of what they do.
Some of the "old" spirit of the HP way is gone - but we live in a new world today.

need to get back to some of the core values of the organisation - don't spin things if they are bad its better to give it straight - people can take it!

8882 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Stuff of legend

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Legendary company, legendary founders, and if you get to work with the original blue employees - you actually get a glimpse of the original HP.

Cons

It's now more about shareholder value than employees. Employees are getting burned out at the increased workload (from layoffs), psychological impact of losing colleages (from layoffs), years of pay freeze, and lack of promotional opportunities.

Stop paying lip service to VoW results.

Hewlett-Packard Company Review

Current Employee - Performance Consultant  in  Nashua, NH (US)
    Current Employee - Performance Consultant in Nashua, NH (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Hewlett-Packard allows employees to take risks and to be pioneers in their field. They feel it is better to try and fail and learn rather than not try at all.

Cons

The company is rather large so being recognized for your achievements is sometimes quite a challenge. YOu tend to be lost in the mix.

It is important to always listen to everyone in the company. The listening should not stop at any one level but should be valued from not just the top down but from the bottom up.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!