Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Neutral - there's good and Bad

Current Employee - Manager  in  Leixlip (Ireland)
Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility, respect i am given by my boss, the autonomy to manage and set goals for my people, work life balance is tough at the minute but i own it and am supported. Great colleagues and willingness from people to do the right thing

Cons

Very top down approach, people are more worried about how things look than the substance of what they do.
Some of the "old" spirit of the HP way is gone - but we live in a new world today.

need to get back to some of the core values of the organisation - don't spin things if they are bad its better to give it straight - people can take it!

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Former Software Engineer

Former Employee - QA Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Engineer

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere and flexible working schedule

Cons

Right now it is struggling and you never know when the next layoff is since they've been doing so many. Morale is really low but depending on which group you are in.

Next time you do 10% pay cut you should apply that to your bonuses also... 10% pay company-wide is fine but when your base salary is 250k and you make millions in bonuses that is not calculated in the pay cuts is unfair

Hewlett-Packard Company Review

Current Employee - Performance Consultant  in  Nashua, NH (US)
    Current Employee - Performance Consultant in Nashua, NH (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Hewlett-Packard allows employees to take risks and to be pioneers in their field. They feel it is better to try and fail and learn rather than not try at all.

Cons

The company is rather large so being recognized for your achievements is sometimes quite a challenge. YOu tend to be lost in the mix.

It is important to always listen to everyone in the company. The listening should not stop at any one level but should be valued from not just the top down but from the bottom up.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!