There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Former Software Engineer

Former Employee - QA Engineer
Former Employee - QA Engineer

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere and flexible working schedule

Cons

Right now it is struggling and you never know when the next layoff is since they've been doing so many. Morale is really low but depending on which group you are in.

Advice to Management

Next time you do 10% pay cut you should apply that to your bonuses also... 10% pay company-wide is fine but when your base salary is 250k and you make millions in bonuses that is not calculated in the pay cuts is unfair

reviews filtered by
  1. Large company, good place to work

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Ability to advance one's career, many divisions to be exposed to. Supportive group of co-workers; sense of community and camraderie.

Cons

Depending on your point of view, such a large company either makes it easy to blend in or challenging to stand apart from the crowd.

Advice to Management

Present more opportunities for growth, both internally and from external sources. Perhaps limit the number of lateral moves one can make within the organization.

Neutral - there's good and Bad

Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility, respect i am given by my boss, the autonomy to manage and set goals for my people, work life balance is tough at the minute but i own it and am supported. Great colleagues and willingness from people to do the right thing

Cons

Very top down approach, people are more worried about how things look than the substance of what they do.
    Some of the "old" spirit of the HP way is gone - but we live in a new world today.

Advice to Management

need to get back to some of the core values of the organisation - don't spin things if they are bad its better to give it straight - people can take it!

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard