Hewlett-Packard

Changes are painful

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

9460 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

A useful starting point for a career - but don't stay.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good place to start for recent college grads. Use it for experience then move on quickly.

Cons

Less than average benefits package.
    Micromanagement encouraged by all levels of management.
    Presumed incompetence by leadership of those who report to them.
    Lack of trust everywhere.

Stop treating employees like they are idiots. Trust your employees to get the job done, and reward accordingly. Eliminate all the poor leaders at your mid and upper mid tiers of management. Some VPs need to go too. Beware of the false leaders - those who put on a good show, then whip their people behind the scenes. This is a rampant problem at HP.

HP - Big MNC..sounds good..but no longer a great place to work in

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Big organisation that covers product portfolio from servers, software, computers to solution. It gives more opportunities for ones to explore in varies function and business groups.

Cons

Main focus now is to cut cost. No more human touch, no more benefits, no more work life balances.. too many mid night telcon. Low pay, freeze increament, no bouns... Each qtr results shows growth..but still can't account for pay rise ..

we need to be more innovative in our products to generate a huge sales...like APPLE....

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard